8.26.2015

DIY Circle Skirt





Happy Wednesday! So, it's back to school for me which means for the last couple of days (or weeks if you count when the teachers returned) have been CRAZY!  I love when my students come back from summer break and are ready to conquer new schedules, teachers and school year.  I'm looking forward to finally getting into our regular schedule and routine.

This week's tutorial is an oldie, but goodie.  I made this circle skirt a while ago and I decided to pull it back out.  Some of my items I keep and wear again and this skirt is one of them.  You can never go wrong with a cute circle skirt.  For this skirt I followed this tutorial by Annika Victoria for measurement purposes.  I did add a gold zipper on the back which was super easy to do.  I simply sewed the back of my skirt completely up using a 5/8" seam allowance then placed the zipper on top of the seam on the right side of the skirt and sewed the zipper down on both sides of the zipper.  Once the zipper was attached to the skirt, I unzipped the zipper and cut out the fabric that was inside the zipper leaving an opening which makes it easy to get in an out of my skirt.
There are many tutorials out there to follow.  Sometimes the idea of making a circle skirt is intimidating because of the math involved.  If you're like me, math scares you, lol (which is why I am an English teacher).  Below are a few tutorials that are super easy and takes the hard part out of the way for you.
Top similar HERE-- Skirt (made by me) Shoes HERE--Necklace similar HERE
Merrick's Art Tutorial HERE--I am a visual learner, so this tutorial is great because she offers step by step pictures to create the look you want.

Mimi G's Video Tutorial HERE--If you need step by step instructions as well as a breakdown of the measurements, Mimi's tutorial is also a great choice.
 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment