2.23.2015

My Version of Vogue's V1314 Pattern

 Talk about simple and comfy! This dress is so easy, even for a novice.  This is probably one of the most easiest patterns I've ever worked with, seriously!

 This patterns calls for 2 1/8 worth of fabric for my size, which was the 6.  I had to trim down both the sleeves and body of the dress to get the perfect fit for me.  This pattern also calls for LINING and a little bit of GATHERING around the bodice.  I did line the fabric, however I did not use a lining fabric.  I used the same floral print and just doubled it to give my dress a thicker look.  I decided against GATHERING because, as you can see, the dress naturally gathers along the bodice and I wanted to keep the length of the dress.
 In addition to making a very cute dress, I also learned how to perfect a neckline using FACING.  Honestly, I don't why I haven't used this technique before, lol.  It's a few more steps than just simply folding over an inch, but it's completely worth it, and it gives your garment a more professional look!
 Would I use this pattern again...HECK YES! I plan to make a bunch of these in different colors for the spring!!




 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I made this in an animal print. Where did you get that fabric ma'am?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought it from Joann's Fabric last year.

      Delete