3.12.2014

DIY Tee Shirt Maxi Dress


 Happy Hump Day!!!! Today's DIY is a tee shirt maxi dress I made using an old tee shirt as a pattern this past summer. The weather here is a little gloomy so, today I was thinking comfy, quick and cute.  It is something about a dress that makes a woman feel super sexy and sassy.  I love wearing dresses because you can either dress them up or down.  Today I decided to dress it down accessorizing with a brown textured belt, cute leopard flats, and a long cardigan from Forever21.  I could have done a more formal look with a blazer and pumps, but I decided to call the dogs off, lol.



Learning to make my own maxi dress was like hitting the jack pot! This tutorial was super easy! With the right fabric ANYONE could make this.  I found this tutorial originally on Cotton and Curl's blog site.  She has amazing DIY tutorials that are simple and easy for any novice seamstress.  I made some minor adjustments from her tutorial, such as: making my dress a little more fitted and making my sleeves longer. Other than that, the tutorial was super easy to follow.


I will make another one soon with pictures on how I created this look at a later date.  Items that I used were:
2 yards of red and white striped knit fabric (60' wide) similar found here
red or white coordinating thread
sewing machine
measuring tape
pins
a nice fitted tee shirt
  
Outfit details: cardigan similar found here /  flats here 

 


 

 





 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

2 comments: