3.14.2014

DIY Leopard Pleated Skirt with Pockets


It's Friday...Yay!!  I've been a little under the weather this week, so I can't wait to get some rest and get well!
Today's look was inspired by a pleated chevron skirt I found on Pinterest. I tried making a pleated skirt before, and it was cute but, it didn't look the way I'd envisioned.  So, I decided I would take another shot at it.  After researching, I came across a few tutorials that seemed easy enough, so off to Hobby Lobby I went.



My intention was to find a black and white chevron printed fabric and re-create my muse above, but unfortunately they didn't carry chevron in the fabric choice I was looking for.  After walking around, I came across this really cute  leopard print and decided, with my 40% off coupon, that it would work!  Needless to say I love it!!!




You'll need:
1.5 yards of fabric
Pocket Pattern
Scissors
Pins
Sewing Machine
1 Invisible Zipper
Coordinating Thread

 Outfit details: Shoes similar here / Fabric available at your local Hobby Lobby or similar here  /Top Banana Republic Outlet- no longer available/ Tights Banana Republic Outlet- no longer available

Have a great weekend!!!
 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment