4.23.2014

DIY McCall's Pattern 6556


This McCall's pattern was the first pattern I began sewing with.  I saw EASY in the description and decided to go for it.  Now, I was a true beginner, so it wasn't as easy as I had imagined.  It took me a couple of days, but I completed it and it looked amazing!!



I got inspired to pull the pattern back out when I saw a picture of Mimi G. in a color blocked version of this!  She posted a FREE tutorial a few days ago going step by step on this pattern.  I wish I had it back then, but it is perfect for someone who is a beginner. She makes it easy to follow and it takes no time to make!


I love the way this top is crafted.  It gives off style and edge, but also offers the comfort of a sweater.  This top could be worn as a dress, which I will probably do later. Overall, I would definitely recommend this pattern to a beginner, especially if you follow Mimi G's video.




Outfit details: Shoes Aldo (here) Fabric and Pattern (Joann's Fabric) Tights F21 (Old) Necklace (Betsy Johnson Gifted)
 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment