4.09.2014

DIY Visual Board


 I love scrolling through pictures! It's one of my favorite pastimes.  It's something about visual discovery that inspires me to create and design. I am a visual learner, so going through pictures helps me to piece new ideas and potential DIY's together.
I had the pleasure of attending a seminar with one of my dear friends this weekend.  She expressed how important it is to create a visual board to draft out our goals and dreams.  So, thanks to her impression, I have decided to create one.
 

A visual board is a compilation of pictures, images and inspirations of all of your dreams and things that make you happy. It's important to create a vision of where you want to go in order to see where you have come from.
Each picture represents some aspect of me, whether it be an inspiration, a DIY, a health benefit or a future must do.  Either way each one is the beginning piece to my visual board.

Here are some steps to follow to start your visual board:
1. Choose a major theme.
2. Find pictures that correspond to your theme from magazines, the internet or photographs.
3. After cutting out your pictures, type out affirmations that correspond with your theme.
4. Glue or pin your pictures to a board, or if you prefer technology, find a site that allows for personalized media platforms (ie: Pinterest, Photobucket or Tumblr) and begin creating your board.
5. Hang your board in a place that you will see it everyday.
6. View your board at least once a day, and focus on the objects, theme and purpose of your board.

I hope you are as inspired as I am! I can't wait to see my accomplishments!






 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment