3.26.2014

DIY Maxi Wrap Dress










I love this dress!!! I was blog browsing yesterday and came across this tutorial on Cotton and Curls' blog.  I love her blog because she makes DIYing super easy.  Using commercial patterns can be frustrating for a novice seamstress. Trust me, I've had my share of mess ups with patterns, even the easy ones!



This dress was really easy to put together.  The only time consuming part was cutting out the pieces using a short maxi wrap dress I'd purchased from Banana Republic last summer.  Once everything was cut out, sewing the dress took no time.

I did learn how to install a button and button hole with this tutorial, which I am very excited about!  She also posted "how to" videos for an invisible hem and decorative top stitching.  I used a simple zigzag stitch since my floral fabric is kind of busy.  I also made my sleeves longer since the weather is chilly here.

 I hope you enjoy this tutorial as much as I am! I purchased my fabric from Hancock's Fabric.  Similar here and here.




 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Your dress is so cute. I saw Cotton and Curls blog post earlier on this year, but I'm just now getting to it. I have this fabric but the flowers are blue. I really like your version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think the florals really makes the dress pop more.

      Delete