5.28.2014

DIY Simple Lace Skirt







Today, I leave you with the most simple skirt I have ever made.  I found this fabric and the lining at JoAnn's Fabric.  The bonus was, they both are stretchy knits! I took one measurement, which was the length, then I cut all the way across the width of the fabric (for both the lace and lining).  I did a basting stitch across the top of both fabrics to hold them in place.  Next, I sewed the back opening together using a 5/8" seam allowance.  Last, but not least, I added 1" elastic.  I measured the elastic around my waist, fold down the top of my skirt 1.5", sewed around leaving an opening to ease the elastic through, then added my elastic and closed the opening.  SIMPLE as that!  I did not need to hem the skirt because both fabrics are knits!
Note: Use a zig zag stitch to keep your thread from popping.
 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment