8.03.2015

DIY Dress with V8977 Pattern



Happy Monday!!  I am so excited about this post simply because I am in love with the results of this dress.  I've used this pattern below in a floral fabric (here) and loved it!  While in Top Shop I came across this cute little navy dress similar to this one and was about to purchase it until I remembered the Vogue 8977 pattern that was in my pattern collection.
This pattern is really easy and takes no time to piece together.  The only change that I made was adding a couple of inches to the length to turn it from a top to a dress.
Normally I prefer to use my own clothing to create my own patterns, but this top/dress will be used a lot more, and probably with a few variations
This pattern is really great for learning how to create pleats, gather fabric and interface fabric.  If you don't have this pattern, I highly recommend you go purchase it right away.  I think I will be making another dress, this time with pockets :)
Dress Pattern HERE / Fabric HERE / Shoes HERE
 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment