11.23.2015

DIY Cozy Sweater Vest





Happy early Thanksgiving!  It's cold here in Houston, so I decided to make a cozy sweater vest to keep warm.  I am in love with the oversize coat/vest trend that's happening right now. I am more of a spring/summer gal, but I do love to snuggle up in an oversize sweater.  This pattern is originally a coat but after seeing how Eryn at Style Sew Me turned this into a vest, I immediately was inspired to do the same. 

I used a different fabric choice from Eryn. She went with a stretch crepe, which turned out very nice and I think it will be my fabric of choice when I make this again.  This time around I wanted more of a sweater feel, so I grabbed this fabric that I've been eyeing at Joann's since this summer.  Unfortunately, I purchased the last two yards on the bolt and I can't seem to find this Aztec design anywhere, but the same fabric choice with a different design is available on sale HERE.

This pattern is by far the easiest pattern I've done thus far.  It's only three pieces (without the sleeves) and takes no time to put together.  I did spend a little extra time cutting the seam allowance down around the sleeves, hem and edges to give a more sweater feel.  This is optional but highly recommended if you decide to use similar material.  

I hope  you guys enjoy this pattern as much as I did!  Enjoy your holiday!
Vest | Fabric: Similar --Pattern  ~ Thermal | Similar ~ | Hat | Shoes | Jeans: Similar | Necklace - Similar

 photo signature_zps636c081b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment